Sunday, April 8, 2007

what the?

it's not often you find your blog (which no one reads anyhow... right?) mentioned in an article in the age. i mean sure, i wasn't actually read, but mentioned none the less. this is kind of surreal.

the girl mentioned a few posts ago has decided she is now my girlfriend and that i am her boyfriend. hmm. she is extremely cute and kind of offsets my more darker traits by being rediculously upbeat and positive. similarly, as i am messy, disorganised, hairy and godless, she is scarily tidy, organised, not the least bit hairy and attends church.

what the hell have i gotten myself into?

anyhow, i'll give it a go. if she can put up with my fickle nature and the fact that i never answer calls on my mobile from withheld numbers (something she's having some serious issues with, i kid not) then we should be ok. that said, i'm a terrible boyfriend, and proud of it.

also, i think i'm having some kind of quarter life crisis. i have no idea what i want to do and feel purposeless and vacant. i keep having the most terrible dreams detailing things i did, years ago, that were most likely the wrong things to do. i'm also trying to get in touch with a mysterious figure from my past to apologise, but she's not returning my calls. how exiciting!*

tomorrow night is dinner at my mothers to meet her new bloke. he's jewish, pays cash for lexuses (lexii?), owns some kind of biometrics company and seems very kind. my mother is loud, irreligious, a full time nurse & one of the warmest people you've ever met. i think she's worried that i won't like him, but since he seems to make her happy i'm sold already. although parents can be thick, sometimes.






*yet, to be honest, extremely depressing.

5 comments:

meva said...

Mysterious figures from the past sounds sooooo intriguing.

Enny said...

I've had a few of those dreams - they suck and no good ever comes of them!

Congrats on the gf thang too :o)

elaine said...

you iz faymus!11!! roflmaozedong etc.

and i'm STILL going through my quarter life crisis. either that or i keep going through different ones... i thought i'd know what i wanted to do when i grew up. maybe i'm just not grown up yet?

Anonymous said...

the quarter life crisis don't end.

and i don't answer withheld or strange number calls either. who wants to speak to people they don't know?

elaine said...

ps I'm kind of obliged to answer calls from withheld numbers because my parents have one.