Saturday, May 19, 2007

up late update

our large healh-care concern is on track to be purchased by another healthcare concern. AND they've already got a whole lab full of people who do exactly what we do.

some people are rightfully concerned.

on the other hand, i am simply craving some kind of pay-out. oh my god, please please please show me the money. i was planning on tripping overseas in the next six months, and that kind of windfall could seriously help the travel fund, although my exclamation of 'fricken sweet!' at the news we might all be losing our jobs was most likely inappropriate. sadly, though, in a quick auditing process, it seems like my department in particular is a hell of a lot more efficient than our opposite number in the other company, meaning it's more likely i'll still be stuck managing keyboard monkeys (it's like herding cats) and it's some other lucky bastard who'll be scoring the cash. gah.

in this environment of uncertainty and fear, i'm really really really looking forward to the big work cocktail party saturday night at the aquarium. a bunch of people facing unemployment plus an open bar? solid gold. it also means i get a chance to use The Amazing Multi-Purpose Suit (tm). it was given to my by an indian mystic who i met during my travels in the far east, who said:

'my son, as long as you are possessing this magical suit, you'll never have need for any other. it will fulfill all your suit-related needs, in this life, and the next.'

alternately, it could be that i only own one suit. luckily i wear it so rarely that people have forgotten i was wearing the exact same thing at whichever prior suit-wearing event i was wearing it at. this is me checking it still fits. hoooray!





clearly when considering what occupations the future has in store for me, high on my list are that of undertaker, mob hit-man & johnny cash.



4 comments:

Enny said...

We've had something similar just come through my team - our area will most probably be absorbed by another area in the next 18-36 months - we'll just be responsible for handing it all over. We did put in a bid, but it's so totally unlikely we'll take it out, that my team is spending a LOT of time talking about super and moving to Tasmania and doing more training, and less time doing work stuff.

We don't get an open bar though.

ms fits said...

I want an open bar, I want an open bar! Can I come work with you? I promise to behave.

elaine said...

pfft. 's if you'd ever behave fits. m. take me, take me.

no offense, fits. I'm only casting nastursiums so I gt taken to the open bar instead of you. You know how it is.

Fluffy said...

I make no contest. Take the pirate on one arm and the fits on the other and people won't be looking at no Amazing Multi-Purpose Suit.