Thursday, December 14, 2006

skillz

every time i go to grab a beer from the fridge i am reminded of two points of interest.

#1: thank you wankers for making it 'botique' to not use a twist-top. perhaps there's some other bar-tendery reason for this. guess what. not interested.

#2: you guessed it, since moving i have no bottle opener.





me
: 'oh great fortress of brown glass! grant me access to the beer-y treasure you contain within!'

beer: 'show us ya bottle opener then'

me: 'i have quested long and hard for your brewed pleasures! accross great plains and barren deserts...'

beer: 'you still haven't got a bottle opener, have you, fucko? nice work champ. you've only had, what, three months? you don't deserve my 'beer-y treasure'. fucking pansy'

me: 'seriously. don't talk back to me, beer. i'm a person, and you're a freaking inanimate... beer! i totally could break your face.'

beer: 'but you wouldn't waste the beer. softcock'

me: 'what did you just say?'

beer: 'nothing. *cough*SOFTCOCK*cough*'

me: 'oh. now it's fucking on.'



WWRDAAMD*?



i tell you what he'd do. he'd take a paperclip, false nail a copy of new weekly and have that beer open in like two seconds. and you know what? the new weekly would only be used for reading material while he was drinking. he's that kind of guy. for the last month or so, i have been taking regular household objects and using them to open beers. my list so far includes:

* clothes iron

* 2nd bottle of beer

* rubber thong (foot-style)

* extension cord

* copy of dean koontz' 'the husband'

* tin of milo








*what would richard dean anderson as macgyver do

6 comments:

Enny said...

Can't you do that manly thing where you bang it on in the corner of the bench thing*?

Or go to the shop and buy one?

*I'm a twistop gal myself.

Anonymous said...

*subscribes*

fluff

Anonymous said...

ps - i've tried to comment before - blogger beta won't let me unless i'm anonymous.

m. said...

enny - i could, but out benches have this soft-ish wood trim that simply would disintergrate under the sheer force of my masculinity.

fluff - blogger beta is clearly evil. it's just good for me because i only have to remember my gmail account info. one set of log-in details is enough work for my pathetic memory...

elaine said...

clearly, fluff = international woman of mad skillz and now also (with thanks to blogger beta) of mystery.

I saw someone open a twist top with their eye-socket once. It was gross.

Bonnie Conquest said...

Mister Anderson MAY do that, or he just worship you...